Faber Academy|Beginners’ Fiction: £300
Our popular course for beginners gives you everything you need to call yourself a writer: discipline, craft skills and a great group of people to work with – in one online writing course experience.
Take your work to the next level in just a few weeks. Develop from a curious scribbler to a disciplined writer. Beginners’ Fiction is an interactive online writing course that teaches you to:
- Read like a writer
- Behave like a writer and develop good habits
- Get inspired – then turn your ideas into stories
- Engage readers – and learn from them, too
- Improve and improve, with structured weekly peer feedback
The course is made up of seven weekly ‘sessions’ – a mix of exercises to complete, prompts, info sheets and stimulus texts, plus a unique forum where you can upload your work for feedback from your fellow students. This is followed by a longer period to complete and submit one or more pieces of fiction totalling up to 3,000 words.
Faber Academy|Writing a Novel course: £1,400
A comprehensive online writing course run by one of the UK’s greatest publishing houses, Faber & Faber.
With peer and tutor support and a tight structure, you’ll devote time to your developing novel and nail the first 15,000 words. There are:
- 15 students or fewer per class – so you get to know your fellow writers and build fruitful writing relationships that last for years
- Fortnightly sessions – fit your writing around other commitments
- One-to-one feedback – detailed personal reactions from your tutor on Skype, podcast or in writing
- Peer review feedback in every session – honest responses from people you trust on your work in progress
- Focus on your novel – no academic essays, no stylistic exercises, just your book
- Applications assessed by Faber Academy – to curate the highest quality classroom
- Constant tech support – so you never need to worry that you can’t log in.
To get an idea of how a Faber Academy online course works, try a free taster session. Login as noveltaster and enter the password Faber.100
Faber Academy|Work in Progress – take your novel to the next stage: £1,200
You’ve finished a novel-writing course or started a novel, but are finding it hard to get to the end without deadlines or other writers to chivy you along and share the panics and triumphs. This online course combines the discipline of strict deadlines with a supportive group of fellow novelists and a nurturing tutor who knows how to crack the whip when necessary.
Faber Academy|MINI COURSES
For writers who want to polish up a particular aspect of their writing, work to deadlines and get honest responses to their work.
Create Brilliant Characters – tutor Tom Bromley: £90
Discover the secrets of successful character creation through close reading and guided writing exercises.
Read Like a Writer – tutor Tom Bromley: £90
Find out what makes fiction tick, and expand your range as a writer by learning to be a better reader.
Plot – tutor Tom Bromley: £90
Whatever genre or form you write in, you need a story to tell and a way to tell it. Find out how to make that happen.
Setting – tutor Tom Bromley: £120
A good book has a great sense of place, creating a story world that pours off the page. Explore your settings here.
Research – tutor Philip Marsden: £120
Convert dry facts and higgledy-piggledy materials into compelling stories packed with atmosphere.