Work with us
Do you have teams of freelancers in multiple locations? Want to offer training that works for everyone in your organisation? Need to avoid the travel and costs of face-to-face workshops? Whatever your business, we can tailor courses that meet your in-house training needs.
Who we work with
- Businesses and organisations
We can help your team to develop their research, writing, storytelling and communication skills, and support in-house CPD, by matching courses to your requirements and learners’ level and availability.
- Education providers
If you teach students in a face-to-face classroom and want to reach more learners in more locations around the world, we can help you devise and deliver courses online or as blended learning.
What we offer
- An online classroom and learning model designed by writers to teach writing and storytelling for recreational or professional purposes. (If you want courses in astrophysics or cookery we’re not the people for you.)
- Carefully planned course materials that we can adapt for different learners and organisations, specific learning aims, and course outcomes. (If you want to know how to write for astrophysicists or chefs we can help.)
- A team of course designers, tutors and moderators who are all established professional writers and storytellers as well as gifted online teachers (a surprisingly elusive combination). We also have a network of inspirational writing, editing, publishing and TV/film professionals whose specialist advice means each course we create is right for its intended audience.
- Our detailed understanding of the theories and methods of teaching writing online (known as pedagogy), and best practices to follow to make sure students achieve the best results. Our approach is based on years of teaching in both academic and professional settings and has turned out thousands of satisfied and skilled writers.
- Individual learning reports at the end of each course, which you can use to evaluate learning, assign credits and measure impact.
- Amazing value for money. Compare the hourly cost of sending someone on a one-day workshop — including course fee, travel expenses and covering time out of the office — with one of our courses.
- Learning that sticks. People learn to write best when building knowledge one step at a time and practising new skills over a number of weeks with fellow learners. That’s why we design all our online writing courses to run in small groups with plenty of time to practice, read and discuss.
How it works
We have a growing database of digital learning materials, which we use to create customised courses to meet your needs.
You can choose:
- Full partnership and teaching service
License our online classroom and course content; we’ll build you a private space and manage and teach the courses for you.
- Classroom-only service
License our online classroom and learning format, and populate it with your own content to manage and teach yourself.
- Customised in-house courses
Work with us to co-develop course content that meets your needs, delivered in a branded virtual classroom.
- Blended learning
Let us create online courses to dovetail with face-to-face workshops or live events to enhance your existing learning.
- Block bookings
We offer discounts for bookings of five or more people on any course
What it costs
Because we treat each partnership and course differently, we’ll discuss your needs in detail before giving you a quote based on what you need us to do and how you want us to work.
Ready to work with us?
Get in touch and tell us what you need — we’re always happy to talk about how we can work together.