The Professional Writing Academy Ltd is committed to making sure your privacy is protected.
If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
Types of information
We may store your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Preferences on courses or services of interest
- Responses to surveys and questionnaires
How we get your information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You bought a course, workshop, or mentoring session
- You sent an enquiry about a course or service
- You joined one of our Open Days, online festivals or other events
- You signed up for a newsletter
- You responded to a survey or questionnaire
What we do with the information
We use the information you give us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
The information we store may be used for:
- Delivering the online learning experience or event you signed up for
- Replying to your enquiries and feedback
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- Sending email newsletters about Professional Writing Academy, John Yorke Story and WriteWell courses and services
- Updates, news, courses and services from our partners
- News, special offers, competitions and events
What we don’t do with the information
- We do not store credit card details.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you are under 18, please inform a parent or guardian about your use of our site. We will need their consent for you to join our courses.
We’re committed to keeping your information secure. Although you should be aware that sending information over the internet is not 100% secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All our learning platforms and associated websites are hosted within UK data centres. We do however use some third party providers, for certain specialist services, which are based outside the UK/EEA. When using such providers we ensure that they have appropriate controls in place for managing private data and we ensure that we only share with them the data that is strictly necessary.
We regularly review and update these procedures.
Links to other websites
This site contains links to other websites. We do not have any control over those websites so this privacy statement does not cover them. This means that we cannot be responsible for the security and privacy of any information you provide while visiting those other websites. You should always check the privacy statement on the website you are visiting.
Managing your information
Under UK GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are to fulfil our contractual obligation to you where you have signed up for a course or service, or your consent.
If you want to withdraw your consent and be removed from our mailing list(s), you can do this at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in any email newsletters.
You have the right to know what personal data we hold on you, including asking us to:
- Correct any errors in the data we hold
- Restrict how we use your data
- Delete your data
- Send you a copy of your data
If you want to speak to us about the personal data we hold, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Professional Writing Academy Ltd, Henleaze Business Centre, 13 Harbury Road, Bristol, BS9 4PN, UK. We’ll review your request and reply within 30 days.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. Their details are here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/